The nearest major airport to Hot Springs is Clinton National Airport in Little Rock.
Friendlier Skies for Musicians: Traveling with Instruments
Airport Shuttle Service:
Shuttle service from Clinton National Airport to the Hot Springs Music Festival is available through Resort Shuttle. Call (501) 760-3200 at least one week in advance to arrange a shuttle.
You should make reservations at least one week in advance, and Resort Shuttle will call you back 48 hours before your trip to confirm details.
Gratuity is not included in the fare.
Travel by Train:
Amtrak’s Texas Eagle provides passenger train service from Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, and San Antonio (and many smaller towns in between) to Malvern, AR which is 30 minutes by cab from Hot Springs, AR. The Malvern stop is not a staffed station. Be sure to arrange transportation (by cab) between Malvern and Hot Springs.
Cab Service to Hot Springs:
Those traveling by train from Malvern should call exactly 30 minutes in advance of their desired pickup time. The cab will arrive in precisely 30 minutes. They will wait 5 minutes for free and then start charging by the minute. The average fare from Malvern to Hot Springs is $45.
From Hot Springs Memorial Field Airport, you will need to call upon arrival. The fare is approximately $11 to ASMSA.
- Checker Cab 501-623-2525
- Hot Springs Taxi 501-624-9494
- Service Cab 501-624-5656
- Yellow Cab 501-623-1616
Travel by Bus:
Greyhound 1-800-231-2222 has a stop near downtown Hot Springs. The bus station is within a one-mile walking distance of the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts, but travelers with baggage and instruments will likely prefer to take a cab.
Hot Springs National Park is 55 miles southwest of Little Rock. Take I-30 West (or East, depending on your point of origin) to exit 111, then follow Hwy. 70 west for 16 miles. Turn right at Central Avenue (Hwy. 7) and go through the historic district. Turn left at Whittington Avenue (landmarks: large round fountain on left, Fat Jack’s on right).
Take the first right off of Whittington Avenue onto Cedar Street. Turn into the third driveway on your left, Alumni Lane, which leads up the hill to the ASMSA Dormitory and parking area.
The interactive map below will be updated as needed to include all Festival performance venues.
View Hot Springs Music Festival venues in a larger map
Lodging near Downtown Hot Springs:
- Alpine Inn Motel, 741 Park Avenue, 501-624-9164
- The Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, 239 Central Avenue, 501-623-7771
- Hotel Hot Springs, 305 Malvern Avenue, 501-623-6600
- The B Inn, 316 Park Avenue, 501-547-7172
- Dogwood Manor Bed & Breakfast, 906 Malvern Avenue, 501-609-0100
- The Gables Inn, 318 Quapaw Avenue, 501-623-7576
- Happy Hollow Motel, 231 Fountain Street, 501-321-2230
- Park Hotel, 211 Fountain Street, 501-624-5323
- Prospect Place Bed & Breakfast Inn, 472 Prospect Avenue, 501-772-5050
- 1884 Wildwood Bed & Breakfast Inn, 808 Park Avenue, 501-624-4267
- 1890 Williams House Inn, 420 Quapaw Avenue, 501-624-4275